Saturday, January 31, 2015

Three Rishis

Three Rishis

==========

 

My father told this story

When I was a boy:

 

Three Rishis were sitting.

One said to the second:

"Are you fine? You look pale!"

After a year, the second replied:

"Fine, Thanks"

 

After another year,

The third Rishi,

Silently told the other two:

"If you keep disturbing me like this,

I shall move away"

 

I was reminded of the above story

When I read Sridala Swami's poem

Reproduced below:

 

 

Songlines: Six**

 

Our conversation was short and sweet:

You said: "Lean a little this way and say something"

And I, draping myself neatly over the chair,

Obediently said: "Something"

 

Now over a year later, your sudden grin

Has kept me talking. It's your turn now.

 

Say something.

 

 

** From the book: Sridala Swamy: escape artist. Aleph,2014.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment